jeudi 14 avril 2011

First stop LONDON!

The first destination where i’m taking you is London, the city of the Queen, Big Ben, Picadilly Circus, Harrods, Notting Hill…











I went 5 times in London these past 7  years, and the first time I went to London I was 13, it was magical, this is a  city which is rich in history, and the Royal Palace was my favorite place.
I went the summer and the winter, and I can say that the landscape is completely different, and particularly this winter where we had so much snow!


When we said London, we immediately think to Big Ben who is the name of the big bell of the clock in the palace of Westminster. It’s the third tallest free standing clock tower in the world. May 2009, it was her 150th anniversary. When you’re in the front of this huge tower, you can imagine the old London, when Sherlock Holmes was created and made us dreamed with his fascinating investigations! It’s a strange feeling, right?








The second monument who impresses me the most is Tower Bridge, this big blue bridge over the river Thames. His length 286,50 meters, and when the sun is shining it’s really pleasant to make a walk .

This bridge is near the Tower of London, who is a great place with lot of museums and of course the most important, the jewelry of the Queen! Who never dream about those diamonds?!






The third amazing place is the Royal Palace, where you can see the Queen Castle! The Palace is a setting for states occasions and royal hospitality. The palace covers over 77,000 m² of floor space,
That’s mean it’s just huge! But the most impressive is the “changing of the guard”, I think there is a changing of the Guard everyday, and it’s really 

funny to see all those men who wear red costume with a black and hairy hat, and move together, with no expression in their faces! Even if you make the clown behind them, their faces won’t change!

Then after you can go to the famous Piccadilly street, where there are all the stores, when I’m going to London, I love to make shopping in the Abercrombie and Fitch store, but you must be patient, because you can have to wait 1 hour before you can be inside! This is CRAZY!



Moreover, there is the famous Westminster Abbey, which is one of the inescapable places in London, it’s where all the royal wedding had been pronounced! And it’s where the Prince William and Kate Middelton will be married! I hope you’re not gonna miss this wedding which is the 29 April 2011.

If I have an advice to give, I will tell you to go to the Madame Tussaud museum; this is a wax museum, where there are lot of celebrities which are in wax! I think is a good place to have fun, and make a break in your visits of this beautiful city! For example in this place I met Tom Cruise! (Maybe not the real one, but that was a big step in my life!) :p



To conclude this article, I wanna say that I have missed lot of beautiful places that I will show you later, and London it’s an amazing place, rich in history, and for those who love the royal family or Sherlock Holmes for example, this is the place TO BE! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire