jeudi 28 avril 2011

Ile de Ré, Island of my heart!

Today I’m taking you on one of my favorite French island, Ile de Ré. I went over there to spend a few days last weekend, and every time I go it reminds me of my childhood vacations. when I was little I spent several weeks on the island during the summer.




My father had a boat and what I liked most was taking a stroll with. And there is my dog over there! Look how is cute, isn’t he!
First, the Ile de Ré is an island which is located in the Atlantic Ocean facing the city of La Rochelle. It is connected to the mainland by a huge bridge that is over 3km. The island has an area of 85.32 km ², which is small, and it is easy to make a tour of the island by bicycle, plus all the roads are very flat, no hill to climb! YES!



There are several small villages and they are all cute, but there are some I like more than others! ;)
First, the first village you can go is Rivedoux, which is just at the entrance of the island, we have a magnificent view of ribs and the bridge is impressive as well!


My favorite part of the island is the village of Saint Martin, who is in some ways the capital of the island. It is a busy place during holidays and summer! It runs sometimes difficult, in the harbor of this village there are typical boats of the island but also larger vessels that are like 10 feet long! there is also in the villages, the famous donkeys in suits, the mascot of the island, you can pay for a ride! they are kind of panties to avoid mosquito bites in summer. But people who come to St. Martin are the bourgeois style, it’s really funny to see i swear, that's what surprised me a lot when I get back on the island!






The next place i think most people know it, and no matter your country, the game is world famous, I mean of course Fort Boyard, it is off the island and he's easy to approache by boat! it's a magical moment for you when you see it, and you realize that all events that we see on TV are made in, it's just awesome, I remember that when I was little and I saw it , i really wanted to get into it!






There is also the famous salt tide, which are beautiful to see, this is where people make salt with sea water, the scenery is beautiful and you can’t access it by car!




Ars en Ré is a beautiful village too, the church painted in black and white and really beautiful and it's worth going to see, and near this village there is the famous lighthouse on the island: the Lighthouse Whale, which is nice to visit when the weather is really good, because if it’s not you will be sick!

 



So you can find in this article, the few of my favorite landscapes of the Ile de Ré , which is a really beautiful island, and it is good to spend a holiday away from the city during the summer break!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire